Zilker Neighborhood Association
Austin, Texas 78704


Type of Violation Summary of Requirement To Report A Violation
Tall Weeds and Grass Grass and weeds must be less than 12 inches tall. Call 311 or report online.
Inadequate Erosion Controls
at Construction Sites
All construction sites must install and maintain temporary erosion controls to prevent contaminated runoff. Call 24-hr hotline at 512-974-2550
or report by email.
Cutting Down Protected Trees Cutting down trees greater that 19" in diameter requires a permit from the City of Austin. Call 311, report online,
or email the City Arborist.
Right-of-Way Maintenance
(Trees and Vegetation)
Limbs and vegetation must be trimmed back from the edge of and at least 8 feet above sidewalk. Call 311 or report online.

For other common code violations not listed about, see this City of Austin page.