Barton Springs Baptist Church
The Barton Springs Baptist Church Cemetery at 2107 Goodrich Avenue,is one of the first African-American cemeteries in Central Texas. Its use began by 1866 and some of the people buried here were born before 1840. For many years, a rural wooden church stood at the front of the property. In the 1940s, the wooden building burned and was replaced by the cinder block one that stands today. After active use of the building stopped, the Barton Springs Baptist Church Heritage Association began preserving the cemetery. The site was zoned historic by the City of Austin in 1993.