Trail of Lights (2020)
The Austin Trail of Lights is Austin’s largest holiday tradition and second largest event in the city. The annual event held in Zilker Park is a community event that invites 400,000 people every year to come celebrate the holidays in the heart of Austin, Texas (and our neighborhood) during the month of December. This year, due to COVID-19, the 56th annual Austin Trail of Lights is returning as a drive-thru only event. Guests will be able to drive through the Trail from November 28, 2020 - January 3, 2021. This year guests can choose a ticket type based on their preferred date and time. As you drive through the Trail, tune in via your car radio for holiday music, highlights & history, and more. Consult the Official Trail of Lights Website for more details on admission charges.
Please see the following attached documents and links for parking, traffic, and other information about the 2020 Trail of Lights:
Because it is a drive-thru only event, there should be no parking issues in the Zilker Neighborhood this year, and even though it will be a drive-thru only event, there will be no traffic through the Zilker Neighborhood on Barton Springs Road (see Arrival Details and Directions above).
Any additional information related to the Trail of Lights and specific to Zilker will be posted here as it becomes available.
Special Promotion for Zilker Residents
A limited number of free vehicle admission passes (200) are available to residents in the Zilker neighborhood on a first-come first-serve basis since the Trail of Lights has a maximum capacity this year. These tickets are not for one night, but rather spread out over the course of the event by date and time slot. A special promotional code will be necessary to redeem tickets. This code will be sent first to ZNA members via email and then to the entire neighborhood via the Zilker listserv. Download the vehicle admission pass redemption instructions (PDF) or follow the instructions below:
- Click on the dedicated Zilker neighborhood vehicle admission pass redemption link at the end of these instructions
- Enter the Zilker neighborhood promo code in the “promotional code” box on the right-hand side, and then click apply
- note the code is case-sensitive; the event organizers suggest typing it rather than pasting
- each unique code is good for ONE (1) vehicle admission pass only per transaction
- Once the code is accepted, the box will outline in GREEN
- Please give the system a few moments as it looks up all the ticket options (it could take up to one minute)
- The page will refresh automatically and reveal all available event date and entry time admission options
- Select “1” from the dropdown menu for your desired date and entry time
- Be sure to check your date/time before continuing ~ once confirmed, your ticket cannot be changed
- Each pass is valid for one vehicle, with a capacity of nine occupants and max vehicle length of 19’
- Once your selection is made, click “Buy Now” at the bottom of all the ticket options
- Follow the prompts to complete the redemption registration!
- Your confirmation and vehicle admission pass will be emailed to you from our ticketing partner, Ticketbud
- Check junk mail if it does not arrive directly, as sometimes their messages get filtered
- The deadline for online code redemption is 5pm on each respective event date (or while supplies last)
- For additional event details and helpful FAQs to plan your visit, please visit: https://austintrailoflights.org/event-faqs
Please use either of the following numbers to report parking, traffic, noise, and other problems associated with the Trail of Lights:
- 512-970-8891 or