Little Zilker Park
About The Park
Little Zilker Park is a small neighborhood park between Bluebonnet Ln and Ann Arbor Ave just south of Zilker Elementary School. It provides recreational, fitness and outdoor experiences (including tennis courts) for the surrounding neighborhood and community. This City of Austin facility is maintained by the Parks and Recreation Department. It adjoins the campus of Zilker Elementary School, which is separately maintained and operated by Austin ISD.
Friends of Little Zilker Park
Friends of Little Zilker Park is a volunteer group with the mission of working together as a neighborhood and school community to develop the park/campus as an excellent public space. By improving the park collaboratively, we will build bonds between neighbors and the school. The group is currently inactive. See the bylaws.
The Park Master Plan
The combined Master Plan for Little Zilker Park and Zilker Elementary School Campus supports these goals:
- Compatible and complementary uses by both the neighborhood and the school
- Ongoing improvement of facilities, amenities, outdoor spaces and landscaping
- A cohesive, well-designed vision that can be implemented in stages over time
- Promote health and fitness, by providing quality athletic and fitness facilities
- Promote the Central Texas natural environment and ecological awareness
- Foster a strong sense of neighborhood investment, pride and community
- Anticipate that the Master Plan will be updated periodically
Map of Little Zilker Park