Zilker Metropolitan Park is a 351-acre City park immediately adjacent to the Zilker neighborhood.
The park features the following:
- Austin Nature and Science Center offers a wide variety of programs for children and adults.
- Barton Springs Pool is a natural spring-fed pool with a year-round average temperature of 68 degrees.
- McBeth Recreation Center
- Zilker Botanical Gardens includes the Taniguchi Oriental Garden and the Austin Area Garden Center.
- Zilker Caretaker's Cottage - home of the Park Rangers
- Zilker Hillside Theatre hosts concerts ranging from jazz to country. Additionally, the theatre is the home of the Zilker Summer Musical and Shakespeare in the Park.
- 3 picnic sites and 1 shelter (reservable) (location map & photos)
- Zilker Playscape
- Disc Golf Course
- 5 volleyball courts (reservable) (location map & photos)
- Zilker Club House (reservable) (open ONLY for rentals)
The park hosts these additional contracted and permitted services/amenities:
- Austin Sunshine Camp owned and operated by the Young Men's Business League of Austin.
- The Rowing Dock
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum is on the south end of the park and is the home of a collection of works by sculptor Charles Umlauf.
- Zilker Cabin - Girl Scouts of Central Texas (open ONLY for rentals)
- Zilker Zephyr - enjoy a miniature train ride around the park.
- Zilker Park Boat Rentals
The park also hosts these annual park events:
- Zilker Park Kite Festival is held the first Sunday in March each year.
- Zilker Summer Musical
- Blues on the Green
- Austin City Limits Music Festival
- Zilker Holiday Tree stands 155 feet tall and is composed of 39 streamers, each holding 81 multicolored, 25-watt bulbs, totaling 3,309 lights.
- Trail of Lights
Map of Zilker Park