City Officials and RepresentativesCity Council
The Zilker neighborhood is in District 5.
- District 5 Councilmember Ann Kitchen: Email Webpage
- Mayor Steve Adler: Email
- All City Councilmembers: Email
- All City Councilmembers and the Mayor: Email
- City Council Meetings: Webpage
The Zilker neighborhood is in Region 4 and District David2.
- Region 4 Substation: 512-974-8100 - Webpage
- David2 (D2) District Representative Officer Shawn Rougeou: 512-974-5490 - Email
The Board of Adjustment consists of 14 members. It hears and decides requests for variances from the requirements of Chapter 25-2 (Zoning), appeals of an administrative action under Chapter 25-2 (Zoning), variances from the requirements of airport zoning regulations.
NOTE: BOARD MEMBERS SHOULD NOT BE CONTACTED REGARDING SPECIFIC CASES. CONTACT THE STAFF LIAISON.
- District 5 Appointee and Vice-Chair Melissa Hawthorne
- Commission Chair William Burkhardt
- Staff Liason Leane Heldenfels: 512-974-2202 Email
- Board of Adjustment Information: Webpage
The Environmental Commission consists of 11 members. It reviews and analyzes the policies relating to the environmental quality of the City, acts in an advisory capacity on all projects and programs which affect the quality of life for the citizens of Austin, makes recommendations for standards, and recommends and initiates specific studies.
- District 5 Appointee Mary Ann Neely: Email
- Commission Chair Linda Guerrero: Email
- Environmental Commission Information: Webpage
The Historic Landmark Commission consists of 11 members. It prepares and periodically revises an inventory of the structures and areas that may be eligible for designation as historic landmarks. It prepare2, reviews and proposes amendments to the Historic Landmark Preservation Plan. It also reviews requests to establish or remove a historic designation and makes recommendations on the requests to the Land Use Commission, as determined in accordance with Section 25-1-46 (Land Use Commission).
- Historic Landmark Commission Information: Webpage
The Parks and Recreation Board consists of 11 members. Acquisition, development, improvement, equipment, and maintenance of city parks and public playgrounds; future development of city parks, playgrounds, and recreational facilities, and purchase of additional land for those purposes; and improvements in the maintenance, operation, and general welfare of the city's parks, grounds, and recreational facilities and their use by the public. Shall outline a general plan of development for new parks and playgrounds, including landscaping, roads, trails, buildings, and equipment.
- District 5 Appointee Tom Donovan: Email
- Commission Chair Jane Rivera: Email
- Parks and Recreation Board Information: Webpage
The Planning Commission consists of 15 members. It makes and amends a master plan, recommends approval or disapproval of proposed zoning changes and control land subdivision within neighborhood planning areas, and submits, annually, a list of recommended capital improvements.
- District 5 Appointee Robert Schneider: Email
- Commission Chair Fayez Kazi: Email
- Planning Commission Information: Webpage
The Small Area Planning Joint Committee consists of 7 members. It advises the council on issues surrounding planning and zoning in areas such as downtown, corridors and centers, neighborhoods, the waterfront, planned unit developments, and transit oriented developments.
- Small Area Planning Joint Committee Information: Webpage
The Planning Commission consists of 11 members. It performs duties relating to land use and development.
- District 5 Appointee David King: Email
- Commission Chair Jolene Kiolbassa: Email
- Zoning and Platting Commission Information: Webpage
Other City Boards and Commissions
- Information Center: Webpage
Watch Meetings Live and in Archived Videos
- Austin ATXn Online: Webpage