Butler Shores Redevelopment
Proposed Dougherty Art Center Relocation
The City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department (PARD) is proposing to relocate the Dougherty Art Center (DAC) from its current location on Barton Springs Road to a site in Butler Shores Park.
- ZNA Position Letter on Dougherty Arts Center (December 11, 2017)
- PARD Dougherty Arts Center Plan and Conceptual Design (September 18, 2018)
- PARD Dougherty Arts Center Plan and Conceptual Design (June 15, 2018)
- PARD Dougherty Arts Center Site Assessment Study (December 14, 2017)
Proposed Butler Shores Soccer Stadium
On December 7, 2017, Precourt Sports Ventures released renderings of their proposed relocation of the Columbus Crew Soccer Club from Columbus, Ohio, to Austin, Texas, with their preferred location being Butler Shores Park in the Zilker neighborhood. On Thursday, January 25, 2018, Council Member Ann Kitchen proposed a resolution to remove Butler Shores Park from consideration for the stadium. On Friday, January 26, 2018, Precourt Sports Ventures announced that it was no longer exploring the location at Butler Shores Park.
- ZNA Position Letter on a Soccer Stadium at Bulter Shores (December 11, 2017)
- Parks and Recreation Department Soccer Stadium Study (March 31, 2015)